Sunday, October 14, 2012

Web Quest

This was really very interesting to learn about because I had never heard of it.  I really like how teachers can create online assignments like this.  It is very fun and interactive because you are doing all of your work online and students love this.  I also think it is a great idea to have students take on the role of another person like we saw in the Manzanar example in class.  This allows students to really get to understand the person they are studying.  I think it is also a good is because it gives students a chance to understand a point of view that is different from their own.  For example, if I had to take on the role of FDR and defend my decision to send all Japanese to internment camps, I may not feel so comfortable doing so because it conflicts with my real beliefs.  This kind of discomfort allows the student to learn how to argue a different point of view.

I think I would like to experiment with this in my own classroom.  It seems like a very good way to get the students interested in what they are learning about.   When you give students an assignment on Web Quest you are making good use of the Internet, and you are giving students the opportunity to engage in inquiry based-learning and higher-order thinking.  Students are also able to get involved in cooperative learning where they can work in a group and learn from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment