I was browsing the Internet for educational resources for teachers and students and I came across this website: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/students/studentsites.aspx#fbid=0l8cZy9jU5h.
On this page, there is a list of the top 14 websites for students, but as I looked deeper, I realized that there are also a lot of great links for teachers. I would first like to comment on the resources for students. There are a few really great sites dedicated to educating students on how they can evaluate whether or not a website or source is valid. Many students do not realize that a lot of the information they encounter on the internet may be inaccurate. It is important that they have the tools they need to distinguish a good source from a bad source. The resources listed on microsoft.com can really help students become educated and careful Internet users. The other resources I came across were dedicated to helping students with homework, english and history, and science and math. I suggest you take a look and let your students know about this.
The resources for teachers are also really great. There are many websites that teachers can use to help them plan lessons, and generate ideas for fun and interactive classroom activities. For example, http://www.ipl.org/div/subject/ is one of the websites listed on Microsoft's top 14 websites. If you then click on any of the links, you will be brought to a list of resources that teachers can use to help them in the classroom.
I suggest taking a look at the all of the websites listed on the Microsoft website. I am sure you will be able to find something to suit your needs regardless of the subject you teach. You should also tell your students about the ones pertaining to them. I know I will take advantage of the many helpful resources I have discovered!
No comments:
Post a Comment