The authors of this website have put together a list of websites for ELLs in grades PreK-8. The websites are designed to give students practice in English. Teachers can also use these websites in the classroom as part of their instruction. According to the authors of everythingesl.net, the teacher first introduces the sites to their ESL students, and then instructs them to practice English at home by using those same websites. The only problem is that some students may not have a computer at home. One way to solve this problem, is to set aside time for students to practice using these sites in the school's computer lab.
I found most of these websites to be extremely useful for ELLs. They are very fun and interactive, and I really think that students will love working with them. While looking at these websites I was getting frustrated because I cannot use them in my classroom. I am currently student teaching in a classroom where there is no technology. Therefore, I am unable to use any of these wonderful resources. I am teaching kindergarten, and I think that it would be so much more fun for my students if I were able to integrate this technology into my teaching. Even though I do not have the technology in my classroom, I am still able to get some great ideas from these sites. I also think it would be a good idea to let the parents know about these resources, as it will give their children very good practice with the English language. Even if they do not have a computer at home they can always to the local library.
No comments:
Post a Comment