Blackboard collaborate is a learning platform that is designed for education. It is used for higher education, K-12 schools, professional, corporate, and governmental organizations. This technology offers web conferencing, mobile collaboration, instant messaging, voice authoring, and integration with platforms such as moodle and sakai. Blackboard collaborate allows you to create virtual classrooms, offices, and meeting spaces. It is very convenient because you can access it from many different devices such as your smart phone or tablet. I was looking at some of the testimonial videos on the website, and both students and teachers had very positive things to say about it. Students liked the web conferencing because it gave them instant access to class materials without having to wait for their teacher to reply to an email. They also liked using the instant messaging application because it allowed them to connect with classmates and get help with class material that they were having difficulty with. Teachers like it because it allows them to engage their learners and expand the capabilities of their classrooms. I suggest checking out the website and viewing the demo because there is a lot of information to digest, and I do not want to cause any confusion. I am not an expert by any means, but I will say that I think this technology is a great tool for 21st century education.
http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Collaborate/overview.aspx
No comments:
Post a Comment