Friday, November 23, 2012

E-portfolio

I thought it was very interesting to see the e-portfolios from LaGuardia community college.  I like the idea of students being able to have their own page where they can write about themselves and store their work.  Everything is in one neat package and presented in an organized fashion.  Students would really like using it because it is almost as if it is their own facebook page.  I think students would take pride in creating their portfolios because it showcases their accomplishments and allows them to talk about themselves; something students love to do.  I am just wondering what the learning curve is for creating an e-portfolio, and how much time it would take to have each student create one before I actually attempt to use it in the classroom.  After learning about e-portfolio I started thinking about what it might be like if I created my own.  It would be very convenient, and I would no longer have to carry around a huge binder of all my work when I go on interviews.  This is something that I will research because I am very interested.  

No comments:

Post a Comment