Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Notes in Spanish

Website: www.notesinspanish.com

I discovered this website after reading chapter two of our textbook, and I am really excited to share it.  This website offers language-learning podcasts in Spanish.  The great thing about it, is that what you hear are real-life, authentic conversations.  They are not "canned" conversations like those that you would find in a textbook.  I tested out one of the podcasts for beginners and it was great.  It was very fun and easy to understand.  I think students would really love listening to them, and I wish I would have know about this last semester when I was teaching beginner level Spanish.  If I were to get a position teaching beginner Spanish, I think I might assign one of these podcasts for students to listen to, as a way to get them comfortable with the target language.  I also think that if a particular podcast is related to what you are teaching, it could be played during class for all students to listen to.  Many of the podcasts are about real-life in Spain, and this is a very good way to infuse culture into your lessons.  For example, one of the podcasts I looked at was about vacationing in Spain.  This can easily be incorporated into a unit on travel, and it is a good way to get students motivated about traveling to different places. This site also gives you the option to buy packages that include things like worksheets and translations of the podcasts.  I highly recommend checking out this website whether you are teaching Spanish or just want to learn it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment